Are you at risk?
What are possible symptoms of colon cancer?
- Blood in the stool
- Narrower than normal stools
- Unexplained abdominal pain
- Unexplained change in bowel habits
- Unexplained anemia
- NOTHING. Colon cancer may be asymptomatic which is why screening is recommended.
When should I get a colonoscopy for colon cancer screening?
- Screening for colon cancer by guidelines is at the age of 50 or older (45 for African Americans)
- Screening should be done earlier if you have family history of colon cancer or polyps
- If precancerous polyps are detected, you should have surveillance colonoscopy done earlier
- Only 50 percent of the US population complies with recommended guidelines.
CONTACT US TODAY for an appointment to assess your risk!
We are here to help you achieve your best gastrointestinal health.
OC GASTROCARE. Your gastro health. Our expert care.