Helping you achieve your best gastrointestinal health
Our doctors have been trained in highly reputable institutions and continue to learn and stay up to date to offer the best gastrointestinal care for your health. Our goal is to provide caring, competent and clearly explained medical advice to you and your loved ones. We strive to help you achieve your best gastrointestinal health. We provide this in our technologically advanced office and the surrounding local hospitals (West Anaheim Medical Center, Anaheim Regional Medical Center, Placenta Linda Hospital).
Conversational in Spanish and Cantonese
Dr. Jason Yip, MD
Dr. Jason Yip is an energetic, caring gastroenterologist treating patients in Anaheim, California, and the surrounding communities. His approach to practice is to treat each of his patients as he would members of his own family, and he makes sure to take the time to provide care that is both competent and clearly explained.
Having grown up in Orange County, Dr. Yip attended the University of California, Berkeley for his undergraduate degree. He pursued his medical degree at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Dr. Yip continued his medical education at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, where he completed an internship and received his residency training. He then completed a fellowship program in Gastroenterology at the Tufts Medical Center.
Dr. Jason Yip completed his tenure on the Practice Management Committee and Excellence in Practice Institute of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (national gastrointestinal society) in 2019 (2013-2019). He is currently the Vice Chief of Staff at West Anaheim Medical Center. He enjoys volunteering his time with gastrointestinal fellows at the Veterans Affairs hospital. Dr Yip currently serves as the President of the Orange County GI society starting in 2017.
Patients visiting Dr. Yip can receive a full range of gastroenterological services. He provides colon cancer screenings, colonoscopy, upper endoscopies, general consultations, hemorrhoid banding, and advanced procedures such as ERCP. Treatment is available for issues including abdominal pain, hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, biliary disease, and acid reflux.
When he is not treating patients, Dr. Yip enjoys playing Ultimate Frisbee, cooking his own Chinese food recipes, karaoke, eating sushi, and spending time with his wife and children.
- Yip JS, Guelrud M. Lipoma mimicking a perforation. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012 Sep 19
- Yip JS, Woodward M, Abreu MT, Sparrow MP. How are azathioprine and 6- mercaptopurine dosed by gastroenterologists? Results of a survey of clinical practice. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2008 Apr; 14(4): 514-8.
- Yip, JS, Nguyen PT. Comparison of EUS Visualization of 2 Linear Endoscopes in Vascular Staging. J Invest Med/ Western Regional Meeting, Volume: 51 2003.
Fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin
Dr. Richard Yip, MD
Dr. Richard Yip has been practicing Gastroenterology in Orange County for over 20 years. He finished his medical school training at University of Illinois, Chicago, his residency in internal medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago, and his Gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Chicago. He is often described as humble, kind and a physician that treats his patients with extraordinary respect and care. His reputation is well known among physicians and many medical staff and physicians have come to seek his medical expertise. He specializes in colon cancer screening, endoscopy, general consultation and has a special interest in hepatology. Treatment is available for issues including abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and liver issues.
- Gabidge M., Yip D., Hedges K. Levels of lysosomal enzymes in tissues of mice infected with Mycoplasms fermentans. Infections and Immunity. 1975; 12:233-239
- Tompkins W., Seth P., Yip D., Palmer J., Gee S., Rawls W. Specific lysis of human colon tumor cells by antibodies to CEA and isoantigen A; Dependence on rabbit serum or neuranimidase. J. Immunology. 1976; 117:1943-1948
- Woan M., Yip D., Tompkins W. Autochithonous, allogeneic, and xenogeneic cells as targets for vaccinia immune Lymphocyte cytotoxicity. J. Immunology. 1978; 120:312-316
- Yip D., Baker A. Liver disease in pregnancy. Clinic in Perinatology. 1985; 12:683-694
Fluent in Korean
Dr. Michael Kim, MD
Dr. Michael Kim is a gastroenterologist treating patients in the North Orange County Area. He approaches patient care based on evidence-based medicine as well as individualizing care for every one of his patients.
Dr. Kim grew up in Orange County and attended Servite High School in Anaheim. After graduating from high school he went to UCLA where he earned his bachelors degree. He pursued his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School in North Chicago. Dr Kim continued his education back in California where he completed his Internal Medicine Residency at University of California, Irvine. He spent an additional year serving as the Chief Resident for Internal Medicine Program at UCI Medical Center. He then completed his fellowship program in Gastroenterology at UCI Medical Center.
Those individuals visiting Dr. Michael Kim can expect to receive full range of gastroenterology services. He provides colon cancer screening, colonoscopy, upper endoscopies, general consultations, hemorrhoid banding, and advanced procedures such as ERCP. He has further special interests in gastric intestinal metaplasia as a precursor for gastric cancer, and inflammatory bowel disease.
During his free time Dr. Michael Kim enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and trying new restaurants in the Orange County and Los angeles areas.
Fluent in Gujarati and Hindi
Dr. Amit Bhanvadia, MD
Dr. Amit Bhanvadia is a gastroenterologist treating patients in the North Orange County Area. He approaches his patient care holistically, combining current evidence-based medicine practices with a individualized approach. Dr. Bhanvadia aims to provide the highest level care, while making sure patients feel part of the treatment process.
Dr. Bhanvadia grew up in the southern California. After graduating Magna Cum Laude from UCLA, he pursued his medical degree from St. George’s University in the West Indies. He continued his medical training in New York City, completing his Internal Medicine Residency at the State University of New York - Downstate. He was elected by his peers to serve as Chief Resident for the Internal Medicine Program at the renowned King’s County Medical Center, where he was responsible for educating house staff and medical students. Dr. Bhanvadia would then go on to complete his medical training as a gastroenterology fellow at Lenox Hill Hospital, in New York’s Upper East Side.
Training in New York City has allowed Dr. Bhanvadia to encounter a broad spectrum of disease processes.from complicated IBD patients to general consultations, patients visiting Dr. Amit Bhanvadia can expect a gastroenterologist who will provide comprehensive and integrative care.
- Amit Bhanvadia. “Frail Heart, Friable Colon: A Case Report of Fecal Microbiota Transplant for Refractory Clostridium difficile Infection in a Patient with Recent Trans-Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement.” J of Inflam Dis and Disord. 2018. 3:1. E-pub Mar. 4, 2018.
- Amit Bhanvadia, Sepideh Pakpour, Roger Zhu, Abhimanyu Amarnani, Sean M. Gibbons, Thomas Gurry, Eric J. Alm, Laura Martello-Rooney. “Identifying predictive features of C. difficile infection recurrence before, during, and after primary antibiotic treatment.” Microbiome. 2017. 4:148. E-pub Nov. 17, 2017.
- Ayse Aytaman, Nwakile Ojike, Samantha Zizi, SR. Pandi-Perumal, Ismet Lucolic, Amit Bhanvadia, Felix Nwagmaghuinna, Haroon Kamran, Alla Akivis, Olusegun Bankole, Moro O. Salifu and Samy I. McFarlane. “Hepatitis B vaccination rates among Individuals with Diabetes: Assessment of Racial and Socioeconomic Disparity.” Int. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016. 30;2(1):024-27. E-pub Dec. 30, 2016.
- David Fridman, Amagad N. Makaryus, Amit B. Bhanvadia, Erion Qaja, Alina Masters, & Samy I. McFarlane. (2015). "Diabetes and Coronary Artery Disease: Pathophysiologic Insights and Therapeutic Implications.” In Coronary Artery Disease – Assessment, Surgery, and Prevention. Editor K. Kirali., Coronary Artery Disease. Rijeka,Croatia: Intech.” ISBN 978-953-51-2206-7.
- Jessica L. Malisch, Scott A. Kelly, Amit Bhanvadia, Katie M. Blank, Edward G. Platzer, Theodore Garland. “Lines of mice with chronically elevated baseline corticosterone levels are more susceptible to a parasitic nematode infection.” Zoology, 112:4. July 2009, pp 316 – 324.
Conversational in Spanish and Fluent in
Kapampangan (Filipino dialect)
Aimee Torres, MPAP, PA-C
A board certified Physician Assistant with a Gastroenterology focus who provides care at our outpatient clinic in Anaheim, California. She strives to incorporate a collaborative, team-based approach to patient care, and to ensure every patient leaves with a better knowledge and understanding of their healthcare concerns.
Aimee was born in the Philippines, and grew up locally in Anaheim Hills where she attended Canyon High School. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Physiological Science from the University of California, Los Angeles, and developed a passion for medicine. She then pursued her Masters degree in Physician Assistant Practice from the University of Southern California where she received both didactic and clinical training in core specialties including family, internal and emergency medicine. She earned her license to practice and joined our team after passing the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam.
Individuals who visit Aimee can expect to be treated for a multitude of gastrointestinal concerns. Aimee helps diagnose and treat an array of conditions including anemia, dysphagia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, abdominal pain, and rectal bleeding. She provides counseling for colonoscopies, upper endoscopies, and screening for GI malignancy. She also works in conjunction with Drs. Jason Yip, Richard Yip, and Michael Kim to treat complex cases including hepatic, biliary, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Outside the clinic, Aimee enjoys traveling, hiking, taking dance classes, cooking and spending time with her fiance and family.